Written, Directed, Filmed and Composed by Jason Sweeney
Assistant Direction by Harry Whizkid.
Edited and Produced by Martin Potter
Additional music and photography by Harry Whizkid
Co-Produced by Ali Ashdown
Unreasonable Films 2006
“I can’t sleep at night in this city anymore. As soon as I close my eyes all I see are these dead bodies. Boys I don’t recognise, but they’re always there. Endlessly falling from tall buildings. Their bodies crushed on the sidewalk. Lifeless… but always with a smile on their faces. Which makes me think: maybe they wanted it to be this way all along?”
DISAPPOINTMENT is a series of Dark Nasty Tales about the City of Light (Colonel Light – Adelaide’s original city town planner).
It is an experimental, nocturnal and disturbingly bent journey through the abandoned streets, rivers and dark parklands of Adelaide – the murder capital of Australia.
Part music video, part mockumentary, part horror postcard of a city you love to hate.
welcomes you into a city that may never want you to leave.
Country of production: Australia
Year of production: 2006
Stock: 16mm, XDCAM HD, Digital Stills, Mini DV, Mobile Phone
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
Running time: 16 Minutes
Awards & Screenings include:
• Winner Best Experimental SA Short Screen Awards
• Nominated best direction, best sound design, best composition and best experimental SA Short Screen Awards 2007
• Mardi Gras Film Fest, Sydney
• Celluloid Salon, Sydney
• Newfest, NY Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
• Outrate, online queer festival
• Distribution through Queerscreen (Australia)
• MIX New York City
• Melbourne Underground Film Festival
• Mumbai Gay and Lesbian Film Festival